Thursday, May 6, 2010

An experiment in blogging



Today I am thankful for Google, among other things. I don't know how they do it, but somehow they have the resources to provide me with as much blogging space on the web as I want, and they do the same for my friends so that I can have good things to read and keep up with people I probably would never be able to keep up with otherwise.

That said, I really have gotten quite a bit of use out of Blogger, creating new blogs whenever I feel like I want to talk about a new topic. Today, therefore, is somewhat historic, in that I am revamping an existing blog (this one) to accommodate my latest blog whim rather than securing yet another URL for myself.

So, what is this new blogging whim of mine? I've decided it might be fun to have a "daily blog," i.e. a place where the goal is to post something every day. Don't know how close I'll get to keeping that goal, but I've already posted something here every day that I've had this blog set aside for this purpose. :) Not to say that some posts might end up along the lines of "I've posted; the end" or that I may simply refer to another post on one of my other blogs, but remember that I never promised anything about the content of these daily entries. :)

My friend LaDonna at Just Our Thoughts (see her button in the sidebar) often has daily-themed posts, such as the "Thankful Thursday" shown above. I don't know how many of her themes I will end up following, but I figured "Thankful Thursday" was definitely a good one to try. So, here's to Google, Blogger, and good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment