Today was Amanda's last day of preschool. Ever. She loved the social experience, but her commute-weary mom and her academically-minded dad were rather anxious for her to be able to move on, particularly since she was there for three years; three years of school that didn't "count."
I myself was in academic limbo for quite some time in the MA process, from when I got done with the core classes back in 2005 to when my thesis finally made it to the library last month. Like Amanda, I can finally move on.
We're not the only ones, though; for our main student, this is the third time it's been "the same year." Basically all of Amanda's three years of preschool are equal to this other incredibly long academic year. Since we thought Amanda would only be in preschool for a year, it makes for an interesting coincidence.
But now she's done, and I'm done; here's hoping for one more successful finish so that we can finally all get done with this longest year ever and move forward.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment