Monday, July 12, 2010

Go ahead, rain on my parade . . .

. . . but could we PLEASE leave my car out of it for a change?

The story, in a nutshell: It's been hot here, and so to make our unairconditioned car a little less oven-like, I've taken to storing it with rolled down windows. Guess I must have grown up in a desert or something, expecting a car to stay dry that way. However, it would seem reasonable, wouldn't it, to expect a car to stay dry parked in a garage? Not in our garage it turns out; wonder how much our rent would go up if we asked them to patch the roof; as it was, the car got amazingly soaked in the garage when it rained a couple of days ago, and we all found out about it right before we had to be somewhere right away; rather wet ride to say the least. It was sunny yesterday, so we decided to park the car in the open with windows down for a much-needed airing. That all was fine until I woke up to a thunderclap this morning. Now I'm letting the car's heater do the drying; here's hoping for a drier ride today. Meanwhile, I hope somebody's crops somewhere are happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment