Saturday, June 6, 2009

Birthday stories, volume 1

In the midst of birthday season, it seems appropriate to leave backup copies of a few relevant memories. Very rarely have any of my birthdays been completely centered on a single day. However, three birthday seasons stand out as being particularly long and lovely. The first was the year I graduated from high school. Between graduation gifts and birthday gifts, birthday season lasted nearly three months that year. The next season of interest came the year I got married. Again, the gifts kept coming for months. Perfect for a present happy person like me. The last season of note was the year my first son was born. That time, however, it was clear that many of the presents were not intended for me. But then again, perhaps in a way they were. After all, what better present for a girl than cute clothes for dressing her baby doll? And baby boy clothes turned out to be much more fun than I'd anticipated; good thing, too, since I've had three of them now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment