Monday, June 22, 2009

Becoming tech savvy

I may have the chance (or rather funds) to upgrade my eMac a bit, which would be absolutely wonderful. So, I've been doing some research, which provided some answers and led to more questions. The basic issue: how much memory (RAM) can you put in an eMac? According to welovemacs.com, the max is 1 GB. However, I don't know whether this includes the possibility of using 1 GB sticks. (If anyone knows, feel free to comment.)

Meanwhile, in the absence of a functioning eMac (actually it's just the keyboard that's out; kind of makes the whole thing hard to use, though), I've been investigating photo editing software. I own a version of Adobe Photoshop, but of the three computers we have, only the eMac will run it. So, what to do until then? I specifically want a program that supports layers and has an option for layer transparency. Also, something with great layout potential, all so that can try making some of my own blog backgrounds, etc. Shabby Blogs had some great insights for me on blog decorating, thanks to their new blog post dividers, and Cutest Blog on the Block has lots of how-to info as well. Unfortunately, nothing is coming up in the way of free software with those specs. Guess I should just order that new keyboard and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment