Thursday, August 26, 2010
Puppy guarding in the parking lot
The shopping center up the road from us is getting a facelift (complete with a bigger version of our existing grocery store), and during the current construction phase, most of the parking area on the west side (where the current grocery store is) has been blocked off. Consequently, the remaining areas of parking lot are a little busier than usual. I didn't realize just how busy, though, until on my way out of the store today. As soon as I got to the car, another car parked and hovered in the aisle, showing all the other cars that my spot was already reserved for someone else. Now, I've seen puppy guarding before, but today's case was a bit extreme. Yes, I did have a good spot, but I had just barely gotten to the car and still had a cart full of groceries to load, plus a baby to buckle into a car seat; not exactly a quick parking spot to grab. I can't help but wonder how much money the gas cost that got burnt while the other vehicle waited. Maybe next time I should try auctioning off my spot. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment