Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Technology again

First, the non computer note: I think kids should come with shop vacs. Yeah, that other stuff they use like clothing and toys is all well and good, but shop vacs are the way to go to get a parent truly prepared. I finally got one. Should have done it years ago.

Now, on to the computer stuff: It is with great sorrow that announce passing of the old faithful eMac, which fell victim to the violence of a toddler. I hope to preserve its hard drive, perhaps, but for the most part it is truly gone.

Speaking of hard drives . . . after the Mac passed on, I spent a few days with no day time computer access. In desperation, I finally took one of the non functional laptops into the shop. Turned out all it needed was a new power adapter cord. I also picked up a hard drive case. Now I have the brains of my short-lived desktop at my disposal via the veteran laptop and a USB port. And note that when I say "veteran," I mean it. It's now the senior computer.

What can I say? I'm interested in computers. Not that I'll be a programmer any time soon, but it's been nice learning little things here and there, like the fact that extra RAM makes computers faster or that not all computer problems are hard drive issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment