Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Getting my money's worth from my new cookie sheet
Last night after an extracurricular activity for my oldest, I decided to go to the store. The store is in a rather interesting state; Great Falcon (my pseudonym for the store) is closing to make way for the chain's biggest grocery store version, Food Shrine. And so, our beloved little Great Falcon was looking rather bare, since it will be closed for good in just a couple of days. Nevertheless, they still had milk and bananas, and a very nifty surprise. Whilst I was hunting for goodie mixes in the baking section, lo and behold, there was a display of Betty Crocker products proclaiming that I could get a free Wilton brand cookie sheet just for buying four of their products. We'd been wanting a new cookie sheet since last year but were too cheap to get one; good things come to those who wait, at least in this case. So, I happily picked out some Betty Crocker goodie mixes and a cookie sheet, with a bit of Gold Medal flour as a token tribute to almost-healthy food. It was, in many ways, a terrible shopping trip, thanks to hyperactivity from my older ones and a diaper blow-out by the youngest one, not to mention a nice big mess from broken spaghetti sauce courtesy of one of mine. But, it's nothing a little sugar can't cure, right? And so today, I baked three pans of cookies and two pans of corn dogs. I'd say I definitely got my money's worth. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes! Great deal!
ReplyDelete