Wednesday, April 21, 2010
A random word to desribe school: crunchy
It's crunch time again; the text of my thesis has been approved, but now it's down to the technical folks to approve the nit picky details of it all (format issues). Biggest thing that comes to mind through all of this, though, is that I've been here before, more times than I'd care to admit. Seems like the end of the year/semester/week/day/etc. in school has always been associated with "crunch time." Part of me wonders why I can't ever seem to get it all together and not be crunched, but the rest of me gives thanks for all the folks who have helped me through past crunch times and who are helping me through crunch time now. If this crunch time turns out all right, I will have successfully come through "The Year of the Thesis," which began just before baby 4 was born (and included an academic phone call from the hospital soon after he was born) and should finish up now right as baby 4 turns 1. But, if it doesn't, things will still get finished, just more expensively and not within the nifty-sounding just-one-year time. Can't believe I'm almost done! Looking forward to being called "Master." :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment