Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A random memory for possible future expansion

Today I had the fortune to tap into a heretofore undiscovered vein of the back home blog network. In the process, I was reminded of a story: The star couple from one of today's blog were courting not too far before Dad & Mom were getting together. She (from the couple, not Mom) lived within a couple of blocks from Mom during college, which Mom knew for one reason: He, from back home, was frequently seen haunting a certain doorstep as Mom passed by on her way to school. I ended up in a class with him around that time, and someone in that class was selling tickets to a big holiday show. I bought tickets for Dad & me, and so, apparently, did he for him & her, since who should have the seats right smack next to ours but themselves. So, how did I know that I'd found he & she for certain, even before I saw the family pics? He comes from a stomping ground even more obscure than my own, at least ancestrally, and so the blog post announcing a vacation in that location was a dead giveaway. Although there were a lot more people around in their pictures than I remember seeing when we were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment