Monday, May 2, 2011
Social Media . . . ugh!
So, as I'm sure most people have heard by now, Osama Bin Laden is officially considered dead. I first heard the buzz on Facebook in the wee small hours of the morning while my baby was not sleeping, and so I googled to learn more. Google News brought be a link from the LA Times about Bin Laden's burial at sea, and now all of my Facebook friends also know I looked at that article because I somehow unknowingly "recommended" it. Now, I've seen the "recommend" option available before on news articles, but I never click it. Apparently, though, my finger clicked it for me as I fumbled with the iPod in the night. Am I thrilled that I can let everyone know about my obsessive news browsing habits? Not really. But it is gratifying that two of my friends "like" the article I "recommended."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I find the new technology somewhat interesting and confusing, but it is good that others understand it.
ReplyDelete